Status Effects appear prominently in the Grandia series. These conditions affect a target's actions either positively or negatively. Status ailments can be side effects of special moves or attacks but are more commonly afflicted by a magic spell. Add Status is a means of inflicting status ailments on enemies with normal attacks with the status ailment linked to specific weaponry.
List of Recurring Status EffectsEdit
Positive Status EffectsEdit
- Invisible - Avoids being targetted by attacks for a period of time.
- Invulnerable - Grants immunity to all physical and magical attacks.
Negative Status EffectsEdit
- Confusion - Attacks uncontrollably.
- Fallen - Unable to take actions. Some skills inflict Sudden Death, which inflicts the Fallen status regardless of remaining HP.
- Magic Block - Removes the ability to cast Magic.
- Move Block - Removes the ability to cast Special Moves.
- Paralysis - Target is unable to make actions for a short period.
- Plague - Target is randomly inflicted by stat decreases and other Status Effects.
- Poison - Target recieves damage each turn.
- Sleep - Target is unable to make actions for a short period.
- Stop - Target is unable to move or make actions for a short period.